AIKEN, S.C. (WJBF) - UPDATE: The Aiken County Coroner's office has released new details regarding the double homicide on Weyerhaeuser Rd. in Aiken.
43-year-old Veronica Negrete and her daughter 23-year-old Cassandra Negrete were found dead in their home Thursday, October 1, 2020.
Veronica Negrete's was found on her bed while her daughter, Cassandra, was found in a car in the backyard of their home. Both women sustained stab wounds.
Veronica and Cassandra will be autopsied Friday, October 1, 2020 in Newberry, S.C.
Aiken County Sheriff's Office has arrested Guillermo Diaz Jr. who placed the 911 phone call reporting the bodies of the two women. Diaz is being charged with two counts of murder. He has not yet been booked because he is being treated at a local hospital for lacerations to his wrist.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Live blog: Trump experiencing mild coronavirus symptoms, NY Times reports
- Joe Biden: 'We will continue to pray for the health and safety of the president and his family'
- Final jobs report before Election Day: US unemployment drops to 7.9%; 661,000 jobs added
- Mayor Davis to host drive-thru food distribution with state and national partner organizations
- VP Pence tests negative for COVID-19
- What's next now that Trump has the coronavirus?
- Read the full statement: Presidential doctor comments on Donald Trump's positive COVID test
- Report: Joe Biden to be tested Friday for COVID-19